As a nice way to end off the year, here are the brandgym blog posts of the year, as selected by... me!
1. January: Kodak's bancruptacy and the risk of "marketing inertia", here. We started the year with what would be the first of several brand bancruptacies in 2012. Kodak's collapse was a graphic illustration of the need to contstantly renovate your core business, including the delivery of your core benefit through new channels.
2. February: Creative Inspiration from David Hockney, here. A brilliant antidote to the winter blues was the explosion of colour and energy in Hockney's "A Bigger Picture" exhibition. A great example of how to stay creatively fresh after 60 years in your chosen profession.
3. March: Social Selling at Stella & Dot, here. This amazing jewellry business will be break a billion dollars before long I predict. A potent combination of face-to-face selling, eCommerce on steroids and fantastic product.
4. April: Carling Be the Coach - Champion Activation, here. We looked at how "Be the Coach" took consumer interactivity to new levels,with 11 million votes to pick the teams for a special cup match between South Africa's top 2 teams, the Kaiser Chiefs and The Orlando Pirates.
5. May: why re-run your 20 year old ad: looked at how like brands like Hovis have looked back to great ads from the past and refreshed them for today